Many people in Ipswich grapple with the question of whether to have remedial therapy or simple relaxation massage. What is the difference between the two types of treatments? Relaxation massage is mainly used for loosening up muscles and relieving stress so as to relax the body and the mind. If you simply want to treat yourself or unleash piled up stress, relaxation therapy is ideal for you. Remedial therapy, on the other hand, provides significant health benefits beyond immediate relaxation. Remedial massage is now a popular practice and is available in most of the Ipswich massage spas and fitness clinics. More and more people have come to embrace drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic medical techniques and procedures such as massage. This article has put together vital information about remedial therapy to help you make a wise and informed decision.
What is remedial therapy?
As the name “remedial” suggests, this therapy is supposed to correct or improve. Remedial massage therapy involves soft tissue manipulation to treat a variety of ailments, particularly musculoskeletal ailments. It aims at rehabilitating parts of the bodies that are injured as well as managing the pain accompanying the injury. Remedial massage is the best form of massage for you if you are injured or experiencing severe pain in any part of your body. However, this massage is not restricted to people with injuries and aches. You can take remedial therapy sessions for general wellness and health benefits.
How is remedial massage done?
Unlike ordinary relaxation therapies, remedial therapy is targeted. It focuses on the mechanical aspects of the body including tendons, ligaments, and muscles. The procedure is carried out by a well-trained remedial massage Ipswich professional. He can use any of these three techniques during the treatment:
- Muscle Energy Technique (MET): Alters joint restrictions.
- Direct Myofascial Release: Ideal for improving mobility and flexibility.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Ideal for loosening trigger points.
Unlike ordinary relaxation massage, your medical condition has to be assessed before the treatment proceeds. Your therapist will use various assessment tests including neural, bio-mechanical and posture tests. The tests are aimed at identifying the cause of injury or pain. If the pain or injury requires comprehensive medical attention, a good Ipswich massage therapist will refer you to another medical professional like a podiatrist, osteopath or musculoskeletal therapist.
Benefits of remedial therapy
Remedial massage has profound health benefits which are physical, mental and emotional.
- Remedial therapy is a great comfort for cancer patients. It alleviates the anxiety, tiredness, and pain that result from chemotherapy.
- Manipulation of muscles and joints enhances blood flow leading to nourishments of skin cells and draining away of toxic substances. This results in a vibrant and spotless skin.
- Remedial therapy is the best drug-free and non-invasive back pain treatment in Ipswich.
- In addition to treating your aching muscles, remedial therapy gives you the bonus of relaxation. It is a great stress-reliever.
- For those with sleep problems, remedial therapy is an effective solution.
It is important to choose a good remedial therapist. There are many therapists promising effective and cheap massage in Ipswich. But don’t fall for these enticing packages. Do your due diligence before to choose any of the best Ipswich massage therapis, by visiting http://www.aptherapies.com.au/.